Imagine this scenario:
- You've been out of work for 2 years.
- A friend recommends you to his employer to redo the company's website, which is something you're capable of and excited to do.
- The employer instead interviews you and offers a permanent job.
- The company is big in the networking industry, but you have no experience or passion there and would never have applied to this company yourself.
- They will train you and make you get certified in things in which you have no interest.
- They will (attempt to) mold your quiet personality into a go-getter business professional, and that scares you.
- They tell you that a decision to join the company is a permanent one, and all their current employees are there for life.
- They are considering other candidates who had better resumés, interviewed better and tested better than you.
- They say their gut tells them they've got something with you, but their brain says no.
- They eventually decide to make an offer, and it's $20k, but with growth limited only by your own performance.
- They want an answer in 24 hours.
1 being "leave it" and 7 being "take it", how would you feel about this offer?
Mean: 5.23 Median: 6 Std. Dev 1.85