Half my correct answers were guesses (based on context, etc) and the other half I only knew from hearing them played recently... certainly not from having heard them in the '80s.
1. the girl is not my lover, she's just a girl who says that I am the one.
Wrong. Try Billie Jean
2. whisper, and , keep it down now, voices carry.
Wrong. It's hush
3. dance , shout , let it all out.
Oh no.. wrong. Sing along with me... shout should let it all out..these are the things I was talking about....
4. Oh, I wish that I had bobby 's girl.
Oh no, how could you miss this one? Don't you want Jessie's girl?
5. People are stupid .
People are people. Like, duh.
6. We are living in a bobby world, and I am a bobby girl.
What, did you live in a Madonna free vaccume? MATERIAL girl, MATERIAL world.
7. I'll love you with all the joy of living until the lights go out in all thy glory .
Early Erasure... New York City.
8. video killed the radio star.
Been watching MTV I see... 2 points. Most people miss this one.
9. She blinded me with love .
Lucky you for not knowing this song. She blinded him with SCIENCE. Yuck.
10. Gonna wrap you up in my sweat .
Shoop be doo... gonna dress you up in my love...
11. She told me to look this way, she told me to act this way.
Oh man.. Run DMC plus Aerosmith. She told me to walk this way.. she told me to talk this way
12. sexy girls sleeping in your bed.
Who ya gonna call when there's an invisible man sleeping in your bed?
13. It's just another manic monday .
Yes. 1/2 a point. Easy!
14. I'm never going to cry again the way I cry with you.
Sorry...no. He's never gonna dance again the way he dance before b/c guilty feet have go no rythmn.
15. sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree.
No one sounds good singing along to this song... 1 point.
16. We're gonna rock down to down town .
Electric Avenue. Love will take us higher.
17. How long, how long must I hear this nonsense .
Think Northern Ireland... Sunday Bloody Sunday (How long, how long must I sing this song).
18. whip , whip it good.
I was going for Devo, but Salt N Pepa is also acceptable. 1/2 point for either push or whip.
19. He turned to me as if to say, " look , how it's waiting there for you."
Hurry boy. Everybody misses this. Look up the lyrics to Africa on the cheatsheet.
20.It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine .
Only one point. Totally overplayed REM.
21. Come on, pour some sugar on me, in the name of love .
What exactly IS sugar, anyway? 1 point.
22. dude looks like a lady.
yep. 1 point
23. Bow down before the one you serve , you're going to get what you deserve
Did Trent mean this to become an S and M theme song?... oh yeah.. 2 points.
24. red, red wine
1 measly point
25. Oh, yeah, we're almost there, oh, oh we're living on a prayer.
We're halfway there... living on a prayer
26. Make you wonder how the cat got out .
Makes you wonder how the other half die.. from Devil Inside? INXS?
27. just after some sex I pictured you, you're walking so far away.
Time after some time I puctured you, you're walking so far away...
28. Don't look down the kommisar's in town.
Don't turn around.
29. Our house is a very fine house .
Yes. 1 point.
30. Wet day outside , his car is warm and dry.
Bus stop. See she gets in his car and....
31. She told me to leave but I was already there.
She told me to come but I was already there? Think AC/DC.
32. Who do you want me to be to make you right with me?
It's the 80's. Of COURSE he want's her to -sleep- with him.
33. I got my first real six - string , Bought it at the five-and-dime.
It was the summer of 69.. I wasn't even born yet, were you? 3 points
34. But if you see me cry hard , and the tears are in my eyes.
If you see whitesnake walking by, look away.
35. She's like no other, before you know it, you'll be on cloud nine .
You'll be on your knees.. she's a maneater.
36. Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight It must've been some kind of spell .
Were you part of the 80's? It must have been some kind of KISS.
37. Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this happy ending .
38. I don't need to fall at your feet Just 'cause you beat me to the door
you cut me to the bone. ouch.
39. Your moves are so smooth I've got to let you know
raw.. like an egg.
40. She'll only come out at night , ooh Here she comes She's a maneater
yes, it's on here twice. 1/2 a point this time.
41. And the full moon that hangs over These stars in the night
The Video That Used the Most Dry Ice Award goes to Heart for These Dreams. The lyrics is these dreams in the mist
42. Please, girl , Pull me offa my knees
Not up on your Kevin Bacon movies? Her name is Louise.
43. Come on baby, make it hurt so good Sometimes love don't feel like it should
I just don't see Mr. Cougar Melloncamp as a masochist.. (1pt)
44. I walk along the sandy beach You used to walk along with me, And every step I take reminds me Of just how we used to be.
city streets. this one would have been worth 4 points if you got it right.
45. If you leave , don't start now. Please don't take my heart away
Leave.. both times.
46. Lay a tear on my pillow Leave the winter on the ground
You're supposed to lay a whisper on her pillow.
47. Sometimes I feel I've got to get away, I've got to run away
Oh wow. You suck at this--- run away, get away
48. I have feet I have balls I have scaled these city walls
Go get out your copy of the Joshua Tree. Listen to it.
49. red red Corvette Baby you're much 2 fast
Little. Red. Corvette. Clue-phone's ringing. You better get it.
50. We gotta install some drivers Custom pizza deliveries
In the song 'Money for Nothing', they installed Microwave Ovens, Custom Kitchens....ummm...and other stuff.
51. rock on Amadeus
Oh come on now... Rock Me Amadeus!
52. You were born in the city lying under your feet
It makes sense when you know the missing word is 'concrete'
53. My blood runs cold My heart has just been sold
His memory...his memory was sold... cuz, ya know... his highschool sweetheart was in a nudie magazine with a staple through her navel...hrm...never mind.
54. She's got a smile that it seems to me Reminds me of an angel
Her smile reminds him of childhood memories because she's his sweet chiyiyiyild.
55. You were working as a pimp in a gay bar
It's ok... no one ever gets this one... Waitress... Cocktail... makes sense now?
56. It's a nice day for a slow screw
White Wedding...either you got it, or you didnt.
57. Woke up to sunlight And found the future not so bright
Unwow. no points. by the way, the answer is reality. I wonder if they thought of that when they were making the female condom... probably not..
58. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance ; Well they're no friends of mine
There's no better dance, than a Safety Dance. 2
59. For just one moment To be bold and daring At your side
Naked, what else?
60. Your heart sweats, your body shakes Another night is what it takes
Kiss...You must have been born after 1985.
61. Every fight has its makeup Just like every night has it's dawn
Night, dawn, rose, thorn... I don't know, the hair bands defied explanation.
62. Sometimes you're better off dead There's a gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head
You think you're mad, you're too unstable. Kicking at chairs and knocking down tables, in restaraunt, in a west end town. Call the police, there's a madman around... okokok I'll stop... 1 pt
63. You spin me right round, baby right round like a record , baby
they'd have to make it 'CD' now. 2 points
64. Remember after the storm after all the rain I will be the one
I don't know any of the rest of the song, but I know this line. Don't know who wrote it either, but the missing words are fire and flame.
65. You got a fast car But is it fast enough so we can fly away
An actual artist! From the 80's! 1 point
66. All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride in a world made of water , made of stone.
The missing word is steel. As in, the steel the heroine in flashdance welds by day as she dances by night, trying to get into that school of her dreams. Like Fame, with strippers.
67. You're a real tough cookie with a long history Of breaking little hearts like the one in me
2 points. Hit me with your best shot...Fire away.
68. up on the mountain top Burning like a silver flame
She's Venus, therefore she's a Goddess on a mountain top, evidently Bananarama hasn't studied too many Old Master paintings.
69. When I see your face I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile...
70. Let me hear your heart beat
If you knew that this song spawned thousands of women joining aerobics classes, would you have known the missing words were 'body talk'?
71. You could have a steam train if you'd just lay down your tracks
1 point to you for getting this one right. -600 for style to Peter Gabriel for putting sperm in a video.
72. That the touch of your hand Makes my heart react
It's ok... my typist didn't get it either. Pulse.
73. Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm falling for you
You must not have had MTV or even seen MTV during the Van Halen years. Hot for Teacher.
74. My name is Luka I live on the west side
Pop music tries to care about the world. Luka lives on the 2nd floor...child abuse victim.
75. I'm high as a kite and I just might like to check you out
76. Like a drifter I was born to walk around
drifters walk alone and ride steel horses in John Bon Jovi land.
77. And there's a storm that's raging through my empty heart tonight
This storm rages in his lonely heart. Cause he ain't missing her at all. Since she's been gone. Away.
78. Think of the good things That we were working on
You haven't memorized the breakfast club soundtrack?!!!?? Thing of the TENDER THINGS that we were working on, slow change will tear us apart.....
79. Believe it or not I'm walking on air
Pop up videos tonight... they changed the Greatest American Hero's name from Mr. Hinkley to Mr. H after Jodi Foster's # 1 Fan tried to take out Reagan. (1 pt)
80. No need to ask. He's a smooth talker ,
He's bucking sexual stereotypes...cause he's a smooth operator. Must work for Sprint.
81. And I know that I'm right Cuz I see it in the night
It's not feel. Pervert. (I hear it in the night)
82. I tell you one and one makes two
three. cult of personality.
83. Warm smell of love Rising up through the air
Colitas. Spanish for little tails. Most likely? Pot.
84. Her name is angel and she dances on the sand
Rio. It wouldn't work in English.. her name is river and she dances on the sand... I don't know about you, but I think Cherokee, not disco-babe. (not that the two are exclusive)
85. By order of the king We ban that boogie sound
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't try to rock the Cabash any time this decade... the missing lyric is prophets.
86. And the pretty girls with the way they dance They knock me out when I'm down there
Southern girls with the way they talk....
87. Owner of a lonely heart Much better than - a Owner of a broken heart
Good. You know the lyric changes. 2 points.
88. Why do we yell at each other? This is what it sounds like when doves cry.
89. I got me a hog it seats about 20
The B52's drive a big Chrysler, it's as big as a whale and it's about to set sail.
90. In the name of love
Yes. The Irish mourning one the American Civil Right movement's tragedys. 1 point.
91. In your heart I am complete
Eyes. You should have guessed this one...
92. Cause everybody knows this aint allowed in love
Smoking/school. I'm still trying to imagine Montley Crue in ANY school.
93. All we want is life beyond the grave
Thunderdome. Mel Gibson, Tina Turner, Midgets, Chainsaws, Bungie Cords.
94. Like a surgeon cutting for the very first time
He should have gone with sturgeon. 2 pts.
95. I cannot lie I cannot lie
Metallica. One. A video based on a song based on a book. Johnny Got His Gun. I cannot live, I cannot die.
96. boys just don't understand
Parents. 80's music boiled down: Parents vs. Love.
97. Don't push me I'm close to the edge
Did you guess or do you know Grand Master Flash and the Fabulous Five? 1 pt.
98. Your mom threw away your best worn jeans
Porno Mag. Go mom.
99. I come from the land over there
Tsk. Tsk. Land down under? Men at work? Vegamite???
100.</font></font> women not girls rule my world
Yeah they rule my world... 2 pts
Bonus Question 1: Oomp-ba-pa-mou-mou My heart's on fire for you
Country music existed in the 80's too... this one's about a lady named Elvira
Bonus Question 2: I've got friends in low places.
Duh. 1/2 point.
Bonus Question 3: Yes, I'm only a guy , And I'm sitting here on capitol hill .
He's only a bill and he's sitting there on capitol hill. At least I didn't ask you about the excerise your choppers song.